This Professional Practices course is the common foundational professional practice course taken by Cornish College students during their second year of study.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Think reflectively about their life, career, and academic choices.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
- Engage effectively in peer review and receive and give constructive criticism.
- Write an effective artist statement, including biography, cover letter, and press release.
- Write a resume/CV appropriate to their field.
- Build and reinforce a professional online presence.
- Learning Objectives can be found in the fuller document describing the course.
This course engages students in a critical discussion of creative and contemporary professional practice. Students develop reflective thinking practices around their academic and career choices, life transitions, and individual preparation for navigating the professional world. Students will develop writing and speaking skills for the professional arts environment, and will learn to express artistic identity through online presence, networking, and speaking opportunities. Skills and knowledge gained in this course will be built upon within discipline-specific professional practice curriculum. This fulfills the General Education Program Professional Practice requirement.